Alcohol and Drug Abuse Services, Inc. (ADAS) is the Single County Authority (SCA) for Cameron, Elk, and McKean Counties. As such, it is a Private Executive Commission, which is overseen by a Governing Board that is made up of eleven members. Of these eleven members, three are from Cameron County, four members are from Elk County and four members are from McKean County. The appointment of Board Members is approved by the Commissioners of the respective county the Board Member resides in. As a governing board, they have oversight of the Executive Director, fiscal and audit matters, as well as the authorization of contracts and other corporate matters.
Alcohol and Drug Abuse Services, Inc. is a Functional SCA in that it provides direct services as well as contracts with the Department of Drug and Alcohol Programs (DDAP). Alcohol and Drug Abuse Services, Inc. provides Inpatient, Outpatient, Intensive Outpatient, Intervention, Prevention, and Case Management Services, as well as Certified in Co-Occurring and in Gambling Addictions.
Our mission is to provide quality and compassionate substance use and co-occurring services, empowering individuals to develop responsible, healthy lifestyles.
ADAS, Inc. knows that the journey of recovery begins with the first step. Our vision is to help individuals to make that first step and assist in continuing on the journey. We know that, to make difference in a community, we must make a difference one individual at a time. This will be accomplished through providing a full continuum of care with quality prevention, intervention, and treatment services.
To achieve our vision, we commit to these values to guide our decisions and our behaviors:
Collaboration – We are committed to a teamwork environment, working toward common goals, where every individual is valued, treated with respect, encouraged to contribute and recognized and rewarded for his/her efforts.
- Respect – We respect the rights, beliefs and opinions of our co-workers, colleagues, clients and our community. We strive to treat others with the highest degree of dignity, equality and regard.
- Honesty -We do what we say, perform our work with integrity, and are accountable for our decisions and actions.
- Integrity – We commit ourselves to the highest ethical standards and hold ourselves accountable for maintaining them.
- Caring – We engage in meaningful ways with those we work with and endeavor to help each achieve their highest potential. We believe every individual has value and strive to recognize that in all of our interactions.
- Empowerment – We strive to empower those we work with to make positive and healthy life choices, while respecting that the choices are theirs to make.
- Professionalism – We perform our duties with pride and conduct ourselves in a manner which promotes a positive image for our agency, our field, and our communities.
- Proactive – We are agents of positive change in the lives of those we work with.
- Trustworthy – We respect the individual’s rights to privacy and maintain strict standards of confidentiality with all of our communications and interactions.
- Commitment – We dedicate ourselves to assuring that individuals are provided the highest quality and most appropriate services for their unique needs, whether provided by us or referred to a partnering agency.
- Person Centered – We believe in meeting people where they are and basing care on individual needs.
- Competency – We strive to ensure that all of our staff are equipped with the training and resources necessary to perform their duties.
- Innovation – We encourage creative problem solving, recognizing that there are no individuals that are beyond help, but who often present problems that cannot be resolved with everyday solutions. We endeavor to find those approaches that best meet each person’s unique need.
Alcohol and Drug Abuse Services, Inc. provides compassionate treatment for substance abusing individuals. Recognizing that addictions influence other people, ADAS, Inc. also offers counseling and support for the family affected by this disease.
The program is based upon the understanding that an addiction is a treatable illness – that addiction is the problem, not just a symptom. A recovery program, the lifelong process of total abstinence, begins with an honest assessment of the problem.
At ADAS, the staff provides the finest professional care and treats addiction for what it is – a life threatening disease affecting the entire family.
Individualized treatment plans are specifically designed for each client with the goal of restoring the chemically dependent person to a meaningful, productive role in society.
ADAS, Inc. provides (and requires all contracted providers to provide) preference to treatment as follows :
- Pregnant injection drug users;
- Pregnant substance users;
- Injection drug users;
- Overdose Survivors;
Pregnant women receive preferential services and are a priority population for treatment. There are no treatment service limitations for pregnant women.